Cauliflower and Leek Easy Soup Recipe
With an extra rainy winter, we find ourselves craving comfort foods, without wanting to break the bank or slave away for hours. The obvious answer? An easy soup recipe!
This Cauliflower Leek Soup recipe is so simple and packed full of healthy goodness. White veggies are known for their immune boosting effects (super important during flu and RSV season), cancer fighting antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties, as well as being loaded with fiber. Fiber is important to help fight constipation in pregnancy and promote an easier “go” in postpartum when everything might be sore and adjusting.
This soup recipe is creamy, rich, and feels like an indulgence without the guilt. So eat up and enjoy!
CAULIFLOWER LEEK EASY SOUP RECIPE
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter (or an oil of your choice, such as olive or coconut)
3-4 leeks, stems removed
2-3 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
6 cups chicken broth (vegetable broth can be substituted as well)
Salt (we prefer Celtic salt or Himalayan pink salt for increased mineral content)
Optional toppings: cheese, bacon crumbles, scallions, croutons, or anything you want!
- Thoroughly clean leeks to remove any leftover dirt or grit. Chop coarsely.
- In medium soup pot or dutch oven, heat butter or oil over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic. Sautee for 3 minutes.
- Add broth and cauliflower. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until cauliflower is soft.
- Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth, adjusting seasoning as needed. (If you do not have an immersion blender, allow the soup to cool for 15 minutes and blend in a standard blender in small batches, being careful not to let the heat pop the lid off the blender.)
- Top as desired, and serve immediately.